Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lesmcdonald

SCU Valance design contest - win a full hitch package

15 posts in this topic

I've had a few requests for some different valance designs and I got to thinking...

Let's have a contest and get the creative collective at Club Smart Car involved in the process.

Please submit your designs as JPEGS to this posting by July 15th. Voters can post their votes on this posting and we'll tally up the highest number of votes to decide the winning design.

Winner will receive:

Full trailer hitch package including hitch, assembly instructions, trailer wiring kit with circut protection, and their own custom aluminum valance!

Contest Deadline: July 15, 2007

One Rule: The design must incorporate the letters SCU

Smart Car Universe Inc. will retain all rights to the winning valance design. The winner understands that by submitting designs to this posting that his/her winning design will be compensated with the receipt of the SCU hitch package without any other compensation in money or goods.

post-2266-1182099200.jpg

I'm thinking something sort of tribal / celtic...

post-95-1183016368.gif

Bil, I dare say you have knocked my socks off. :yahoo: I love it. Ok. Lets get some more artists on board here. I can only imagine how intimidating it is to see Bil's creation, but it's worth a stab.Les

Just threw it out there to get the ball rolling.

Stir the pot.

Shake the tree.

Run it up the flagpole.

Stir up a hornets' nest.

Throw spaghetti against the wall.

Spitball some ideas.

There're loads of folks in here with FAR more design talent than I. Bring it on, you lot!

Happy Trails! ............ :smart: :smart: :smart: :smart:

Bil :sun:

I know you want to promote the scu but is it possible to offer generic valances when they are sold?

I'm putting some thought in to Generic Valances but I have a business philosophy that involves branding, and I think, that people will be proud to sport an SCU Valance if it's cool. I don't think it needs to be all over the place, just placed. That's why I'm having a contest, to see how creative people can get. I really believe that people can collectively come up with some great ideas. We build one of the best hitches in the market, and I belive that our brand should be on every one of them. Every customer that has bought our hitch package so far has commented on how good the valance looks on the car and I haven't had a single complaint about the SCU. Sales have been great so far and I use those numbers to support the quality, and look of our product. That being said, I care very much about what my customers want and that's the reason I'm offering this contest. Thanks very much for the feedback.Cheers,LesSCU

FWIW and AFAIK, every company that sells tow hitches for smarts supplies a branded valance. Even if you order and pay for a custom valance, the kit still includes the branded valance.

Even if you tell them, "Keep the valance, I don't need it!", the price doesn't change because the valance is costed to advertising, not the kit.

Not saying Les should/wants to do it this way... just that the others all seem to do it. That's my experience anyway...

Bil :sun:

I did these last night. What do you think?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 is a winner'SCU' to me is meaningless... it looks too much like South Carolina University, though that is likely USC

That's what I think as well. That way when someone sees that on the back of a smart they can go home and type that into Google and the first page that comes up is SmartCarUniverse.com. If you google SCU you get some type of a Stock Profile or some Credit Union.

Some nice ideas. I am starting to agree about SCU. Perhaps a nice sticker tht says Smart Car Universe. Hmmmmm.Les

Santa Clara University or Southern Cross University, Scottish Cyclists Union, Southwestern Christian University, Southern California University

Here is my entry. Some important considerations were taken in the design. Common brand logo is an important thing to factor. When browsing the Smart Car Universe website the clean logo stands out. Keeping consistency with this logo design helps customers relate between the site and the product. The challenge in branding a product however is keeping a balance with design.

In my design The gradient mesh draws (in a subtle way) attention towards the center of the valance where the hitch and logo become a focal point. This mesh at the same time blends the design accross the whole valance tying everything together as a whole. The smart car universe logo works beautifuly here. Its clean modern style melds in seamlessly with the valance design.

A brushed stainless steel finish has been applied to compliment the design. A polished version could also be made available to appeal to different customer tastes.

-pf

:croak:

post-310-1184511233.jpg

I have to thank all participants in the Valance Contest for their entries. Just amazing results. Please submit your votes to info@smartcaruniverse.com by July 31st for your favorite design. We will tally the results and announce the winner on this forum August 3. Happy voting, and thank you for your interest, and your participation in all respects. Sincerely,Les McDonaldSmart Car Universe

Hey Les, why don't you take the ones that you like and create a new post with a poll on it to see what ones people like the best. It will be easier for people to response to. Also, if you agree with what smartzuuk said above about using the words "smart car universe" instead of the "SCU" then why don't you extend the contest deadline to see if you can get other members to submit new ideas with the "smart car universe" words insteads. This way you may get more designs to choose from. Just an idea.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Chatbox
    You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More